Breeding Lucidity

In vivo. In vitro.
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Day 8 - Sugary

One of my friends, Melee, has undertaken photo-a-day challenges. Each time I have thought that I should take up one of those - except that instead of taking a photograph, I should write a thousand words about it. (Get it? A picture is worth a thousand words and all that!) I am going to follow the same challenge as she is but in the written word format. Since it is past midnight here, I will start with May 8th (and hopefully, sprinkle on a little bit of the May 7th topic - flashback). The topic for today is 'sugary'. As soon as I read it I was sort of amazed at the coincidence. For the past one hour I've been thinking about the bag of cookies that I bought yesterday. I sort of promised myself to hold off on it for a while because once I open them the chances of their survival beyond 24 hrs is quite minimal. This also meant that it would be very soon after the shopping trip that I would already start regretting having no cookies left to eat. Now that is a really sad spot to be in. Amidst all this, it dawns on me that my will to fight such temptations are really quite low. That is not a good realisation I tell ya! Once this makes its way inside your head, the memories reels are very quick to jump inside the recorder inside and play every instance back to you. There are some wonderful memories made out of this fickle will. But that can't be all of what life's about now, can it? Beyond those literally sugary memories and the metaphorically so ones as well, poking their heads out from under the carpet that you had so conveniently swept them to are the really memorable ones. It is amazing how a lot of the nice things you would have probably forgotten but the ridiculously dumb and insane things you have managed to do, no sir, they shall never stop reminding you of them. Ok, I am making it sound much more sour and bitter (keeping in line with the flavour of the theme. Ok I need to stop with the puns!) than they are. As soon as this happens, my favourite distraction is to marvel at the wonder that our body is. Isn't it amazing? I will not get into the evolution vs creation debate. Irrespective of how we happened, it is an incredible feat of 'engineering'. Everything's been thought of (for the creationists)/ taken care of (for the evolutionists). The limbs, the torso, the heart, the lungs. I remember sitting in my biology classes and marveling at how everything was connected and connected so beautifully without any disastrous overlaps. Apart from everything that makes our bodies function, we have the brain that helps us take in the beauty, and perceive it. The five senses that allow us to behold a sight, smell the earth after the first rain of the season, touch and caress our loved one, hear the melodies, and taste...the 24 hour countdown begins now. 

PS: Unedited version.

posted by Ms.V @ 00:25  
1 Comments:
  • At 17:22, Blogger Ru. said…

    thanks for the company :) its going to be fun!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Breeding Lucidity | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Ms.V

Home:

About Me:

See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Lucidity Sold Here Too
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates