Breeding Lucidity

In vivo. In vitro.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Random.

It has been a while and no matter how much try to convince myself to keep this thing alive each time I start off after a break, it inevitably defies all of that. Each time I see something on telly, I decide to right about that in my next blog and as you can see, there never happened a 'next' blog. I have really lousy memory too 'cause one would be inclined to think that now that I am finally penning something down this should turn out to be a very long blog. To be really honest, am drawing a blank. I figured, at one point, I will turn into a political commentator. Turn this blog into something that would let the world know my opinion about the things that are happening with the government and such other things. And that's one sphere, maybe after the entertainment industry, wherein there is no dearth of news feeds. We have too many politicians. Politicians. So in effect, we are fed with random BS from them every second of the day. That should put an end to my excuse of not having come across anything to write/talk about. But that really didn't work. Each time I saw the news and wondered about what to write about I found that everything came back to the same thing. There's just too much distortion in the whole set up. And I carefully avoid the term system 'cause I firmly believe that everyone resorts to the "The system sucks" rhetoric just for that - rhetoric. No one is ready to try and get into the "system" to understand its workings. Nor are they prepared to analyse their statement and do something about it. It's just system hating and system bashing. I use 'set-up' because it is the people who run the 'system'. So there. There are loads of 'glitches' -maybe this is the understatement of the year- in the set up. Plus, this whole secular melodrama is something that I cannot stand. People claim to be secular when they clearly are not. And in that, I mean any party. So I'd say that you might as well cut all the BS and really either support someone outright or not really care about the whole discrimination angle 'cause it is starting to get really boring now.
After politics, I was in the mood for some media bashing. Continuing along the 'secular' line of the political parties, the media have projected themselves as the guardian of the poor and under priviledged when all they really care about is perpetuating the whole idea of classes and castes to really make their news items more and more attractive in their own twisted, distorted way. An Indian boy gets a call from NASA and a scholarship to study in the US and the headlines read "A dalit boy gets NASA call". Seriously though, when the US really didn't care which country he belonged to, let alone his caste, why do we? Especially the self-proclaimed secular media should be the one that should care the least. Aren't we above all that? Or at least you said that last time on your report. Then there are the exit polls. There is a swing this way or that. And in the end, it just does not translate into a real swing. In most cases it just seems like a way to further the agenda of the party they are supporting. So in that sense, I really don't think there is even one 24*7 news channel on Indian television that is devoid of any sort of bias. Then there are news scoops which apparently everyone cares about. Some actor fell down and sprained his ankle. And that HAS to be breaking news. And yadda yadda yadda. Maybe I come across as cynical. But seriously, I am ok with it. I haven't touched upon the much serious aspects of these channels today wherein no one gets the privacy they claim each person deserves and also, not much of the concepts of national interest and ethical journalism that has survived.
After all external influences were done with, I turned to my personal life. There were a lot of events I wanted to write about. A few of them just served as a trip down memory lane. There were instances that made me feel like I had conquered the world. Times when the statement "payback's a b**ch!" made complete sense to me and even though there was no confrontation involved I've to say that I enjoyed it just as much. There were times that felt like it was chiseled to perfection by God himself, a sense of belonging that overwhelms you and makes you feel part of something special. In the past few weeks, I've had my braces removed, gauged the reactions of a lot of people on a certain personal event, been a part of a family reunion, been scared to death about my new endeavour and had moments of such a high that gave me the confidence to take over the world. I guess in the end, such personal incidents are better dissected inside your head than otherwise especially when the dust hasn't settled down or the feeling sunk in to give you a better perspective of what just happened. Maybe that is why history is interesting. It is always easier to talk about stuff that has been done with or ones that haven't happened yet. One gives you the power to justify and explain things without having to live through anything again because the consequences are done with by the time someone decides to talk about them. And as for the future, it is always easy to talk the talk and technically, the fellow on the other side couldn't say that you can't walk the walk until you really get there. The present is skewed even though you're in it. I guess that really IS the problem. You are the centre of a bubble and your vision of most of the things that are ready to pop it or sustaining it is blurry.
So maybe once all this settles down I will write a coherent, less disjoint post. :S Debatable. I guess.
pooF.
PS: The only piece of news that really came as a shock to me was the retirement of Justine Henin. All the Best, Justine and Thank you!
posted by Ms.V @ 00:03  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Breeding Lucidity | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Ms.V

Home:

About Me:

See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Lucidity Sold Here Too
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates